The Anatomy of Social Buzz
- Posted on Jul 21, 2015
- Lane Olander & Jaime Toepp
- 0 Comments
Facebook and Twitter are amazing advertising tools, allowing you to drill down to specific people, ages, areas, and interests. However placing ads on the side of news feeds is certainly not the most effective way for brands to reach their audiences. The simple truth is that we have all learned to tune out these advertisements, which is why they have shown terrible performance. While we may give little attention to ads that pop on our Facebook and Twitter pages, we spend a lot of time reading and looking at things that our friends who we trust post.
Edison Research conducted a study that found that 47% of Americans say Facebook has the greatest impact on purchase behavior. This shows the power of word of mouth. We look to our social networks when making decisions about everything from where to go to dinner, to what shoes to buy. This is why Facebook and Twitter have launched in-feed advertisements. They recognize that viewers are more focused at the content shared by their peers. But as your profile is used as a launchpad for Facebook and Twitter ads, there is little opportunity for you as an influencer and content creator to monetize that influence.
What if there was a maketplace where an influencer or content publisher can choose which ads to display in their feeds, and earn a commission on any engagements by their social followers? The good news is now there is, and it's called Social Buzz by Snips.
Social Buzz connects brands with audiences of social influencers through a concept known as content co-creation. Through Social Buzz, brands can create campaigns to promote any product, service, deal, or content, which appears on the Snips Social Buzz page. Influencers can search for brand opportunities to promote to their followers on any social media or any online platform. They create buzz by posting a simple message with the advertisement, which builds the personal connection between brand and influencer. Why is this so effective? Consumers are 16x more likely to engage with a brand if it is recommended by or associated with someone they know. This is the key factor in driving higher engagement over any other display ad format.
If you are active on social media and want to become an brand influencer, here’s how to get started:
- Sign up for an account on Snips. Or, if you already have an account, simply log in.
- Visit the Social Buzz page, located under the Influencers menu.
- Browse the different brand opportunities, or search by category and keywords. You can click on an item to learn more about the promotion.
- Once you have found a brand or promotion that you think your followers would be interested in, click the Snip it button below to shorten the link.
- Finally, choose where you want to post the link, like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or other social media. Don't forget to add your own message to the post to drive higher engagements.
That's it. Now watch the dollars roll in! You will be able to track your revenue and engagement in real-time, as well as see additional insights into your audience reach via the analytics.